Class Picture

Hi everyone and happy Friday!  If you have been following me for a while, then you know that I love to make layered cards. This is a technique that I have learned from some of Tim Holtz' groupies.  Many people struggle with this technique, mainly because you have to have some sense of what works well together and there are a lot of pieces that go into a layered card.


I try to tell a story with my cards or inspire a past memory. We all remember "Picture Day" don't we. Let's take a trip down memory lane.

So lets break it down. The first thing that I always start with is my focal point, which is the framed girl in this card.  I cut out 2 - 3 different sized paper to matt. The first piece is about the size of a card from a deck of cards, then about a 4.25" x 5.5" then finally a trimmed piece that fits on a 5" x 7" card base.


The card stock a lot of times will help me in the direction of the theme. In this case, the base cardstock had "Oklahoma City Public Schools." It reminded me of a class photo, so there was my theme.

For my embellishments I used tickets, washi tape, film strip ribbon, and rub ons.  I didn't have a stamp that said "class picture" so I typed that up on my computer and printed it out.


I grunged it up using one of my distress crayons and the Matte Collage Medium. I have listed the products I have used below. Don't forget to leave me a comment to say "Hello."


Products I used:


1 comment:

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...