So Suzy Stamps - Water Coloring with Distress Inks

It is a new month, which means a new release over at So Suzy Stamps! Along with the release, we also have a new challenge.

Theme:  Water Colors

 
Now I don't water color, so I wasn't quite sure how I was going to approach this challenge. So I decided that I would work with my alcohol inks and use my spritzer to turn them into water colors. That works right?


I started with 5 distressing inks and two pieces of manila paper.  I spread the inks all over the paper, then spritzed it up.  As you can see the paper curled up, it was pretty wet. I decided to let it air dry.


Once it dried, I went to work. I embossed the manila paper and adhered it to some floral paper by Graphic 45 called Botanical Tea.  Then I punch out some flowers and stamped the center of the flower with a So Suzy Stamp called Petal Flower 4.


I also punched out some butterflies with the water colored paper. Aren't they beautiful?  I stamped my sentiment on some more of the water colored paper and put it all together.  I added a bauble and then added the little pearls on the flowers and butterflies. I thought it tied it all together nicely. This butterfly punch makes the most beautiful butterflies. I add them to many of my projects!

So are you ready to play? Pull out those So Suzy stamps get out the water and lets get to work. 

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous shabby chic card! I love the flowers and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty!!!!! I just want to touch it!!! Fabulous card, Monica!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...