Butterfly Easel Card

Hi everyone. I teach Paper Crafting and Card making at a local Joann's fabric here in Phoenix. Many that attend the classes are new card makers. Many new crafter's don't have all the tools or know some of the many techniques we have gathered and learned through the years.

I decided that Easel cards would be fun to create and are not too difficult. I was putting together my sample cards and I wanted to share with you one of them that I was really pleased with.

The die cut set I used is from Spellbinder and is called Wings of Hope. I have used the smaller butterfly on past cards, but had never used the bigger one. Well, I found a way to use it by just playing around.





I first cut the large butterfly, pushing the die cut up off the top of the crease so that I would have two that were connected.  I then scored the top layer (as you would do in an easel card and folded in half towards me.


Then I cut the smaller butterfly and attached it using my glue gun to the bottom half of the folded butterfly. This created the Easel butterfly. I then attached the bottom of the larger butterfly to a pink embossed base using 4 white brads, then attached that base to a 4"x 4" note card.



I embellished it with bling and it was done. I was so pleased with it that I made 3 more and am planning on making a matching card holder with my envelope punch. I think these will make cute little gifts.

Isn't it fun when you experiment?

Thanks for stopping by.



I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


13 comments:

  1. That's so girly and fun and will make a perfect display piece - exactly what easel cards are designed for. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! It was a lot of fun creating it!

      Delete
    2. I also should have said thanks for joining in at Crafty Gals Corner! :)

      Delete
  2. Fab butterfly card. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Monica! this is precious, gorgeous butterflies, makes an awesome easel card! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    add a little glimmer to your life.....sparkle & shine! *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks fabulous.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining the CDD 3D Linky Party.
    ~DT Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card. TFS at Craft Your Passion. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous Card so Sweet love the Paper and the Image.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafting for all Seasons.
    Hugs Elfie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I think it's lovely!
    Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
    -Samantha
    Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
    Crafty Gals Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!! Love butterfly. Thanks for playing along this week at Crafty Gals Corner!!!
    Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful card. Love the 3-D butterflies.

    Thanks for playing along at Inspiration Destination. Good luck.

    Lynn, IDCB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning!!!! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge and good luck!!!!
    Hugs,
    Lynne, Crafty Gals Corner DT

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...