TIME to Create Memories

I just got some new toys...and of course I had to play with them. I decided to finally buy some of Tim Holtz' Distress Inks and Paints. His work is so awesome, I  easily get discouraged when my projects don't come out as cool looking as his do. But then I have to remind myself he has had lots of practice and an endless supply of craft tools and supplies.

So I decided to go with the theme of Time so that I can participate in the current challenge going on over at A Vintage Journey.

Here is the finished product:



I started out with a TAG


I think my colors came out great. I was concerned it would be a little bit too dark, but I was happy with the final results.

From there, I just started putting my card together.


I had an embossing folder that worked perfect for this theme. I picked up the designer paper just yesterday at Tuesday Morning.


I used several embellishments to add to my TIME theme. I picked up some jewelry jump rings and clasps so that I could attach my charms to the ribbon rather than just glue them to my card.


And of course I had to finish off the inside of my card to match the theme. I plan on making a matching envelope as well.


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


9 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, super details and staining.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! Great to see you playing with us at SCT. Come back next time, too! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great vintage card with a crisp design. Perfect for a guy. Thanks for joining us for the Simply Create Too Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice TIME piece... I LOVE the little clock hanging... SUPER lovely... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monica: Great vintage card! Thank you for entering our Simply Create Too "Old/Vintage Challenge #67", and hope you come back this Friday, 15 August, for our new challenge.

    Diane
    Simply Create Too Design Team Member
    http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a marvelous card ! Thank you for playing along with us at the Artistic Stamper's !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage card - now you have seen what distress inks do it'll not be long before you are using them daily

    Mines up it would be great if you could visit

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous card Monica, love all the layering and your choice of imagery too. Delighted you joined in with our challenge at A Vintage Journey this time. Chris xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...