Tim Holtz 12 Tags 2014 - August

It has been a while since I have participated in Tim's 12 Tags of 2014. So no better time than the present. Especially since I just bought some new distress paints and stain

Now I had never worked with distress paint or stain, so this was a first for me. I made several tags and this one came out the best.


I was pretty happy with the way my tag came out. I used 3 Distress Paints for the background:

  • Rusty Hinge
  • Vintage Photo
  • Forest Moss
The main Distress Stain I used was Broken China. You can see how vibrant that color is on the background of the Butterflies. I went with a 'B' theme using the word Beautiful and a Butterfly Stamp and washi tape I also tried out my new stencil that I had won in some blog candy. It added nicely to the background. I added the a capital letter 'B' and finished off with a few embellishments and ribbon.


Here is a closer look. I am typically not a big fan of glitter, but I loved the Rust look on Tim's tag, so I added a little vintage photo glitter on the bottom of my tag to get the same affect.

Well, that is it for now. I hope you like it.  It was a lot of fun trying some new techniques to create this fun, colorful tag.

I sure hope you like it.



I would like to share my tag with 


6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tag!! Love it!! Thanks for joining us at “Simply Create Too”, hope to see you next time again.

    DT-Member SCT
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is an awesome Tag Monica hun so much detail love it hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya Monica and thank you so much for joining my followers - your tag is amazing - love the way you have used the butterflies the background is stunning x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tag Monica! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...