Friendship Day

Did you know that today is Friendship Day? It was originally founded by Hallmark back in 1919 and was intended for a way for people to celebrate friendship by sending each other cards. In 2011 the United Nations officially recognized July 30th as International Friendship Day, but most countries celebrate on the first Sunday in August.

So what better way to celebrate Friendship Day than a challenge over at 613 Avenue Create.

Theme:  Friendship Day
Sponsor:  Digital Delights


The image I am working with is called Popcorn Monkey. I had some circus design paper that I though would work great with this image. I used lots of Red on this card, my favorite color.


Thinking of you is from Decosse's Dynamite Doodles 



And my sentiment is from Created with TLC

It is such a fun card, perfect for a friend or a loved one.  So "POP on over to the neighborhood and play along. We would love to make a new friend on "Friendship Day".


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

11 comments:

  1. What a great card Monica - I love the stripey backing paper with the popcorn box - they complement each other so well. I have just made a card with lots of red on it - they really do stand out don't they. Happy Friendship Day!

    Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

    Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monica, I love everything that has to do with popcorn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just too cute! I love it! Happy Friendship Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Monica I m back after my break and taken the opportunity to view your awesome work - all brill - hope u are keeping well hugs Judith xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable card. Love the image and the two red embellishment on the sentiment.

    Happy Friendship Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image your red is perfect for circus colours

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastic! What a great sentiment too! Love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  8. that really is a great card to celebrate friendship! Love it!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute :) Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges. Good luck, Joanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! thanks for joining our Summer Food Challenge at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges! mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute card. Thank you for playing along with Time 4 Scrap challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...