Retro Christmas Cards

So I was feeling a little nostalgic this weekend and decided to make some Retro style Christmas cards. There are so many sites that offer free digital downloads, it didn't take me long to find an image I wanted to work with. The Graphic Fairy has some great free vintage digital images available for download. I found three black and white retro Christmas images from a 1940's printers book. They all had holiday shopping Christmas theme. I chose this one to work with. This poor husband is following his wife around carrying all the Christmas Gifts while she reviews her Christmas list.

I decided to stick with the black and white theme and not color in the image. I used Heather's sketch that is currently being used for the Simon Says Challenge. Here is what I came up with:
Very fun card and did not take long to put it together at all. I love making black and white cards. They are so classic, and work great for vintage or retro designs.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:

Ends Nov 27 - Simon Says - Sketch
Ends Dec 2 - MIM - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 30 - Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 30 - Sister Act - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 27 - 4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 27 - 4 Crafty Girls - Anything Goes
Ends Nov 30 - Opus Gluei - Shopping
Ends Dec 2 - Robyn's Fetish - #187 Vintage
Ends Dec 9 - Scribble & Scrap - #6 Anything Goes
Ends Dec 16 - Christmas Inspirations - Black & White
Ends Nov 30 - CHNC - Christmas Anything Goes
Ends Dec 2 - Crafting From The Heart - #1 Anything Goes




24 comments:

  1. Lovely image and layout. Thanks so much for joining us over at Robyn's Fetish Challenge Blog, good luck and hope to see you next time
    ~ Denise DT ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and image Monica. Love the black and white colors. I spotted this on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen this image before - on Disney's Fantasia 2000, during the segment for Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue! How fun! I LOVE your black and white take on our sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Christmas card is soooo fun!!! I'm so glad you shared your talent at Sister Act this week! Best of luck!
    Trisha-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Monica, I do like black and white cards and I really like the black and white dogtooth pattern in the background. Good luck in your challenges xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Thanks for joining at Christmas Inspirations challenges. I hope you will play again with us soon. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nifty (like the retro saying?) card. Love the b/w treatment. Saw you on MIM.


    Come and follow me, kReN@
    http://afourthlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a GREAT shopping stamp!! I love the black and white and the "Happy Holidays" is the perfect sentiment to go with this classy card. Thanks for joining us at Opus Gluei, your card is PERFECT for our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card Monica...love the fabulous image and love the papers and fabulous design.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a different christmas card, looks super, saw it on MIM x carol

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at Robyn's Fetish Challenge. Marlene DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great retro style design! It looks great in black and white!
    I hopped over from MIM to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya I have loved looking round your pretty blog, Your card is lovely I love the black and white colours you have used so pretty very retro.

    Thank you so much for taking part in our first challenge at Crafting from the Heart. I hope to see you next time. hugs Sharon xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute creation...love the black and white and vintage-y feel of this card. Don't you just feel terrible for that poor fella carrying the packages (and probably paying for them too). Love it. Thanks for joining us this week at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

    Lynn, BSCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your retro card is awesome with so many great details! Saw it over at Make It Monday and thanks for sharing!
    Hugs,
    Leslie
    http://leslieturner58.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. A fantastic card love the black and white vintage look. Thankyou for joining our first challenge at Crafting From the Heart challenge blog.
    Good Luck
    Fiona (DT Co-owner)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw your cool retro card on MIM!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a unique card! Thanks for playing at Crafting from the Heart. Good luck. Hope to see you next time. Erin, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for entering this delightful card for my CHNC challenge extra for November - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, I love vintage/retro styles and this made me chuckle - that image is too cute! Love how you've used it and the black and white is unexpected and entirely apropos and looks classic!

    Really well done and I'm so glad you took on the Opus Gluei challenge and came over to participate with us!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous monochrome card...fab image.

    Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great card

    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...