You never know where your creative path will take you

It has been a lazy Sunday afternoon. Raining all morning so it was a perfect time to be creative. I wanted to put together a "Fall" card kit using some Floral Embellishments by Recollections. I am creative once I get the juices flowing, but I usually will go out to the Web or Pinterest to give myself some inspiration. I thought It might be cute to use one of my Framelits from Stampin up as a base for the card. I love cards with unique card folds and even have a pinterest page to prove it. Well, as I got to working on the card, I didn't really like where it was taking me. While the shape was cute, it wasn't really what I had envisioned. I started looking through my scrap paper and found a template of a card fold I had started. Hmmm...this got me thinking. I wanted to use a Chianti color to match some of the colors in the leaves and had some raffia I found at goodwill if you can believe it. I will have to share with you some of the places I find my stuff..but that is another day and another blog. So this is what I came up with:
I love this fold because it allows you to see your inside message when your card is closed.
Supplies I used:
  • Paper from Cloud 9 Design and DCWV (the Cafe Mediterranean)
  • Framelit from Stampin up Labels Collection
  • Button, Raffia and leaves from Recollections
  • Stamp is from Stampendous
Now that I have the design down, I can put my kits together. Hopefully you will have as much fun putting this card together as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Challeng Winners - February & March 2023

   Hello everyone. As you may have noticed, I have been MIA for the last couple of months. Life has been very busy and it has been difficult...